Hide a text box

  1. #1
    Orf Bartrop
    Guest

    Hide a text box

    On sheet 3 of my workbook I have created a button (button 62) and a text
    box (textbox 63).
    What I want to do is use the button to toggle the text box on and off.
    By that I want to be able to show the box or hide the box.
    I have tried to copy code from the MS Visual Basic Help but it did not
    work, basically because I have no idea what I am doing.
    Can someone lease help?

    Orf Bartrop

  2. #2
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Hide a text box

    Under my Excel - 2000
    I don't think you can hide a text box
    But I hope Im wrong it would be a good idea

    Steve

    On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 05:45:55 +0100, Orf Bartrop <[email protected]> =

    =

  3. #3
    Orf Bartrop
    Guest

    Re: Hide a text box

    Well, if I can't hide a text box how else could I create some
    instructions that can be turned on or off?

    Orf

  4. #4
    Orf Bartrop
    Guest

    Re: Hide a text box

    What I have been trying with no luck is:

    Private Sub ToggleButton62_Click()
    If ToggleButton62.Value = True Then
    TextBox63.HideSelection = False
    ToggleButton62.Caption = "Selection Visible"
    Else
    TextBox63.HideSelection = True
    ToggleButton62.Caption = "Selection Hidden"

    It stops on the If line.

    Orf

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Hide a text box

    Try Martin Green's page at:
    http://www.fontstuff.com/ebooks/eboo...ontent.htm#msg

    Download his sample file :
    RecordingExcelMacros.zip [19 KB]

    On each sheet in the sample file, he demos how it's done
    using Form toolbar buttons: "Show/Hide Explanation"
    Look for his sub in VBE: Sub ShowHideTextBox
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  6. #6
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Hide a text box

    Try this with a button created from the View > Toolbars > Forms menu, right
    click and assign this macro to the button,

    Sub ToggleTextBox()
    If ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 63").Visible = True Then
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 63").Visible = False
    Else
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 63").Visible = True

    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Orf Bartrop
    Guest

    Re: Hide a text box

    Thanks to one and all for your help. I used your code Alan and it did
    the job - thanks.
    Orf