Can you access the old-style Help Index using Excel 2003?

  1. #1
    Dismayed
    Guest

    Can you access the old-style Help Index using Excel 2003?

    I've recently obtained Office 2003 for my work laptop, and to say the least
    it is getting on my nerves! When I want to access Help, I want a nice little
    index of terms that I can search against that is intuitive, user-friendly and
    allows me to have a browse around the subject.

    Is there anyway of getting this old-style help functionality working within
    Excel 2003, which so far has produced the least helpful responses of any help
    system I've come across.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Can you access the old-style Help Index using Excel 2003?

    Create a short-cut to the internal help file. Should be called something like:

    XLMAIN10.CHM or XLMAIN11.CHM

    XLADDIN.CHM for addins
    XLMACRO.CHM for macros
    --