Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

How to rotate table clockwise

  1. #1
    ilyaz
    Guest

    How to rotate table clockwise

    I have a table with field labels in column A (A2 to A16). I'd like to rotate
    this table clockwise, i.e. have the field labels on the top of the table in
    A2 through I2. I tried to build a PivotTable to no avail... Does not matter
    what I click on or highlight in the original table - the whole table, the
    column A or just the A2 cell. For some reason, only the text in the A2 or
    the items in A2 through I2 appear in the list. But I need the A2 down to A16
    be on the list to put them on top of the columns...
    How can I do it? May someone please give me step-by-step instructions?
    Thanks for your assistance.

    --
    Ilya Zeldes
    Fort Myers, Florida

  2. #2
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: How to rotate table clockwise

    To be precise I expect you don't actuall want *clockwise rotation*
    but a simple transposition, ie rotate about the diagonal

    assuming a2-16 are labels
    and b2:?16 is the data (? being the last column)

    select the whole table
    Copy, Paste Special - transpose

    Steve

    =

    > rotate
    > this table clockwise, i.e. have the field labels on the top of the tab=

    le =

    > in
    > A2 through I2. I tried to build a PivotTable to no avail... Does not =

    > matter
    > what I click on or highlight in the original table - the whole table, =

    the
    > column A or just the A2 cell. For some reason, only the text in the A2=

    or
    > the items in A2 through I2 appear in the list. But I need the A2 down =

    to =

    > A16
    > be on the list to put them on top of the columns...
    > How can I do it? May someone please give me step-by-step instructions?=

    > Thanks for your assistance.

    -- =

    Steve (3)

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to rotate table clockwise

    Copy A2:A16

    Edit>Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc.

    You will need a n empty row to paste them into.

    Delete the original A2:A16 when happy.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    ilyaz
    Guest

    Re: How to rotate table clockwise

    Geeeeeeessss! That was easy! Thanks to both of you, Steve and Gord!
    Ilya

    > Copy A2:A16
    >
    > Edit>Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc.
    >
    > You will need a n empty row to paste them into.
    >
    > Delete the original A2:A16 when happy.
    >

    > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >

    > On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:11:10 -0400, "ilyaz" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a table with field labels in column A (A2 to A16). I'd like to
    >>rotate
    >>this table clockwise, i.e. have the field labels on the top of the table
    >>in
    >>A2 through I2. I tried to build a PivotTable to no avail... Does not
    >>matter
    >>what I click on or highlight in the original table - the whole table, the
    >>column A or just the A2 cell. For some reason, only the text in the A2 or
    >>the items in A2 through I2 appear in the list. But I need the A2 down to
    >>A16
    >>be on the list to put them on top of the columns...
    >>How can I do it? May someone please give me step-by-step instructions?
    >>Thanks for your assistance.

Closed Thread