Mileage Claim Formula

  1. #1

    Mileage Claim Formula

    Hi,

    Having a spot of bother here with a formula, what I need if any one can help is the following

    Sum of a number of fields and IF that SUM is > than 10000 then * by 0.25

    This a mileage workout and it's pulling my hair out.

    Thanks in Advance

    John

  2. #2
    prabhuraaman
    Guest

    Re: Mileage Claim Formula

    Hope I understood your problem.
    Let you SUM from cells A1 to A5 and you want to multipy it by 0.25 if it is
    greater than 10000, then

    =IF(SUM(A1:A5)>10000,SUM(A1:A5)*0.25,0))

    This would be OK.Remember to substitute A1:A5 with your data range

    If your problem is solved,spend time to look at my blog
    http://xlmaster.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    Without knowing the cell references I would guess that the formual you are after would be something along the lines of

    =if(sum of fields>10000,sum of fields * 0.25,sum of fields)

    Hope this helps

    Regards

    Carl

    Quote Originally Posted by johndavies
    Sum of a number of fields and IF that SUM is > than 10000 then * by 0.25

  4. #4
    Rookie 1st class
    Guest

    RE: Mileage Claim Formula

    MILEAGE REPORT EXPENSE REPORT PERSONAL CREDIT CARD /
    CASH EXPENSE REPORT COMPANY CREDIT CARD
    & AUTOMOBILE EXPENSES
    Name: Period Ending: Name: Period
    Ending: Name: Period Ending:

    Date Beginning Odometer Ending
    Odometer Miles Destination Date Meals Lodging Transport Car
    Rental Telephone Entertainment (Detail) Miscellaneous Expenses (Explain -
    Shop Supplies, Hand Tools, etc.) Total Date Meals Lodging Transport Car
    Rental Telephone Entertainment (Detail) Miscellaneous Expenses (Explain -
    Shop Supplies, Hand Tools, etc.) Total

    ENTERTAINMENT DETAIL Total Expense Report
    Expenses ENTERTAINMENT DETAIL Total Expenditures
    Date Type Meal Name of Person and Co. / Entertainment Location &
    Purpose Cost Total Automobile Expenses Date Type Meal Name of Person
    and Co. / Entertainment Location & Purpose Cost Personal Expenditures
    (Subtract from Entry Above)
    Total Expenses (Sum of the two Entries
    Above) Total Company Expense
    Cash Advances (Subtract from Entry Above)
    Total Amount to be Reimbursed Signature:

    Signature: Date:

    Date: Approved:

    Page 1 0 $0.00 12/03/05 Page 2 12/03/05 Approved: Page
    3 12/03/05
    Total Chargeable Miles Driven times per Mile = Total Automobile
    Expense

    MILEAGE REPORT EXPENSE REPORT PERSONAL CREDIT CARD /
    CASH EXPENSE REPORT COMPANY CREDIT CARD
    & AUTOMOBILE EXPENSES
    Name: 0 Period Ending: #VALUE! Name: 0 Period
    Ending: #VALUE! Name: 0 Period Ending: #VALUE!

    Date Beginning Odometer Ending
    Odometer Miles Destination Date Meals Lodging Transport Car
    Rental Telephone Entertainment (Detail) Miscellaneous Expenses (Explain -
    Shop Supplies, Hand Tools, etc.) Total Date Meals Lodging Transport Car
    Rental Telephone Entertainment (Detail) Miscellaneous Expenses (Explain -
    Shop Supplies, Hand Tools, etc.) Total

    ENTERTAINMENT DETAIL Total Expense Report
    Expenses $0.00 ENTERTAINMENT DETAIL Total Expenditures $0.00
    Date Type Meal Name of Person and Co. / Entertainment Location &
    Purpose Cost Total Automobile Expenses $0.00 Date Type Meal Name of
    Person and Co. / Entertainment Location & Purpose Cost Personal
    Expenditures (Subtract from Entry Above)
    Total Expenses (Sum of the two Entries
    Above) $0.00 Total Company Expense $0.00
    Cash Advances (Subtract from Entry Above)
    Total Amount to be Reimbursed $0.00 Signature:

    Signature: Date:

    Date: Approved:

    Page 4 0 $0.00 12/03/05 Page 5 12/03/05 Approved: Page
    6 12/03/05
    Total Chargeable Miles Driven 0 times $0.000 per Mile = $0.00 Total
    Automobile Expense

    MILEAGE REPORT EXPENSE REPORT PERSONAL CREDIT CARD /
    CASH EXPENSE REPORT COMPANY CREDIT CARD
    & AUTOMOBILE EXPENSES
    Name: 0 Period Ending: #VALUE! Name: 0 Period
    Ending: #VALUE! Name: 0 Period Ending: #VALUE!

    Date Beginning Odometer Ending
    Odometer Miles Destination Date Meals Lodging Transport Car
    Rental Telephone Entertainment (Detail) Miscellaneous Expenses (Explain -
    Shop Supplies, Hand Tools, etc.) Total Date Meals Lodging Transport Car
    Rental Telephone Entertainment (Detail) Miscellaneous Expenses (Explain -
    Shop Supplies, Hand Tools, etc.) Total

    ENTERTAINMENT DETAIL Total Expense Report
    Expenses $0.00 ENTERTAINMENT DETAIL Total Expenditures $0.00
    Date Type Meal Name of Person and Co. / Entertainment Location &

    Date: Approved:

    Page 34 0 $0.00 12/03/05 Page 35 12/03/05 Approved: Page
    36 12/03/05
    Total Chargeable Miles Driven 0 times $0.000 per Mile = $0.00 Total
    Automobile Expense

    Total Miles Driven to Date 0 times $0.275 per Mile = $0.00 Total
    Automobile Reimbursement
    Total Miles Driven to Date 0 times $0.375 per Mile = $0.00 Total IRS
    Automobile Deduction
    $0.00

  5. #5
    Jack Sheet
    Guest

    Re: Mileage Claim Formula

    The numbers that you have selected in the OP suggests to me that you may be
    trying to do an annual mileage claim based on the UK AMAP rates. Only the
    excess over 10000 should be at 25 pence per mile, with the first 10000 at 40
    pence. If my guess is wrong then ignore this post. Otherwise you might try
    something like:

    =sum(range)*0.25+min(sum(range),10000)*.15

    "johndavies" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...