[SOLVED] time table

  1. #1
    Mary
    Guest

    [SOLVED] time table

    I have a time table that I enter what time I come to work and what time I
    leave. I didn't program it to add the total but when I put in total hours
    worked "8" it puts in 0:00. When I double click to see if there is a setting
    I get this 1/8/1900 12:00:00 AM I have tried to delete this but it still
    shows up. What can I do to correct this problem? Thank you

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: time table

    Hi Mary,

    your cell is format as hour, when you type 8 excel looks at Jan 8, 1900
    12:00am, you can type 08:00 or format the cell as general

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Mary
    Guest

    RE: time table

    How do I get rid of the format as hours?

  4. #4
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: time table

    Format it as General or Numbers

    Steve

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:13:01 +0100, Mary <[email protected]=

    wrote:

    > How do I get rid of the format as hours?
    >
    > "Marcelo" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Mary,
    >>
    >> your cell is format as hour, when you type 8 excel looks at Jan 8, 19=

    00
    >> 12:00am, you can type 08:00 or format the cell as general
    >>
    >> hth
    >> regards from Brazil
    >> Marcelo
    >>
    >> "Mary" escreveu:
    >>
    >> > I have a time table that I enter what time I come to work and what =

    =

    >> time I
    >> > leave. I didn't program it to add the total but when I put in tota=

    l =

    >> hours
    >> > worked "8" it puts in 0:00. When I double click to see if there is=

    a =

    >> setting
    >> > I get this 1/8/1900 12:00:00 AM I have tried to delete this but it=

    =

    >> still
    >> > shows up. What can I do to correct this problem? Thank you

    -- =

    Steve (3)

  5. #5
    Mary