Highlight the entire row or particular cell using conditional formatting

  1. #1

    Highlight the entire row or particular cell using conditional formatting

    I want highlight the entire row or particular cell.
    I have columns called permit no., description, requester, date requested validity, approved and permit opened. . I want highlight the entire row or particular cell if the permit is not opened 7 days from the date of approval. Is it also possible to highlight with flashing text.

    A sample excel file is attached
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Highlight the entire row or particular cell using conditional formatting

    vsr_kmb wrote:
    > I want highlight the entire row or particular cell.
    > I have columns called permit no., description, requester, date
    > requested validity, approved and permit opened. . I want highlight the
    > entire row or particular cell if the permit is not opened 7 days from
    > the date of approval. Is it also possible to highlight with flashing
    > text.
    >
    > A sample excel file is attached
    > Thanks

    >> Filename: Condn. Fromat.zip |
    >> Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5244 |

    Just select the row (from your example file, select A4:H4) then from menu
    Format Conditional formatting, "Formula is" and type this formula:

    =($H4>($G4+7))

    then from Format choose how to highlight the row then click OK twice.

    The above formula is to highlight the row if the date "Opened" is seven days
    greater than date "Approved"; if you want consider the case greater or
    equal, you have to change the formula in this way:

    --
    (I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
    translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy