Formula bar covering column headers

  1. #1
    Hanr3
    Guest

    Formula bar covering column headers

    How do I set up the formula bar so it doesn't cover the cloumn headers?

    Life is an adventure, are you living it?

    These are just my opinions, please feel free to correct them if they are
    wrong.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Formula bar covering column headers

    You can highlight the cells that are a problem and use Format>Cells...> and
    check Hidden and then protect the worksheet, using Tools>Protection>Protect
    worksheet...

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Formula bar covering column headers

    I assume you mean when you have a lot of text in the formula bar.

    Resize the Window so you're not working in a maximized window.

    Alternative..........................

    A kludgy work-around............

    Window>New Window>Arrange>Horizontal.

    Arrange top window so's it covers 4 or 5 rows.

    Work in the bottom window. Your long formulas will drop down into the top
    window when you select a cell in lower window.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 07:06:02 -0700, Hanr3 <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >How do I set up the formula bar so it doesn't cover the cloumn headers?
    >

    >Life is an adventure, are you living it?
    >
    >These are just my opinions, please feel free to correct them if they are
    >wrong.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Montreal, Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2004 for Mac

    Re: Formula bar covering column headers

    Here is a simple solution to this problem: drag the formula bar onto the top bar (grey section) of the window. The window will then re-position itself right below the formula bar.