listbox sizeing problem

  1. #1

    listbox sizeing problem

    I hav a userform with a listbox on it, sometimes my listbox seems to
    get bigger and the botom of the listbox moves to the bottom of the
    form, is there some locking properties that i should be doing to keep
    the form the size that i make it

    regards
    john

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: listbox sizeing problem

    A list box should never change size on its own, John. Aside from code
    changing the height of the listbox or changing the Zoom of the userform
    itself, I don't know why that would happen.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    mrwaller
    Guest

    RE: listbox sizeing problem

    I am experiencing a similar problem, but in my case the listbox is reduced in
    height after it is populated. I too am searching for a solution.

  4. #4
    Gene
    Guest

    RE: listbox sizing problem

    I am also experiencing a similar problem. Specifically, I have a listbox
    where the height and width are modified after the list is repopulated. The
    resizing only occurs when the zoom setting of the worksheet is other than
    100%. If the zoom is less than 100%, the listbox will shrink on repopulation,
    and if the zoom is greater than 100% it will grow in size on repopulation.
    Moreover, it happens specifically when the list box is repopulated, not just
    when I change the ListFillRange property. (For example, I have the listbox
    ListFillRange property set to a range of cells on another worksheet. When
    those cell values change, the listbox's list values change, and - if the
    worksheet is zoomed at other than 100% - the listbox size is altered. I have
    not yet determined any specific pattern to or "rule" to the alteration in
    size, but it is clearly not simply trying to fit the size to the list
    contents.

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver

    Thumbs up

    Dear all, try this...

    Type this in userform intialize procedure:
    Alternatively you can set in its properties.

    HTH
    ilyaskazi
    Last edited by ilyaskazi; 10-25-2005 at 08:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Tennessee
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: listbox sizeing problem

    I am using the Property set approach. Without frmExample.Height = nnnn.nn active in my code and with the magnification slider set at 55% each refill of the listbox with LESS content increased the size of the list box downward until it covered my command buttons. That prevented me from clicking on the command buttons.

    With the frmExample.Height = nnnn.nn active on sequential refills each with less content the bottom of the list box jumped up and down around a fixed and acceptable line near the original height. I of course set nnnn.nn to the original height. It works but does not look professional.

    I use Excel 2010 on a Dell Optiplex 990 under Windows 7 Professional Service Pak 1

    For me to believe is insufficient for you to know. - rodalsa

  7. #7
    London, UK
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: listbox sizeing problem

    Hi,
    Listboxes do change in height to fit lines of type into the box correctly. The property INTEGRALHEIGHT set to TRUE allows this to happen. Set it to FALSE, and it will keep its exact size that you have set. The problem is that then you may have to take other steps to avoid cutting your lines in half, or to make sure you see the last line at all. (Load a blank line last for this?). Good luck!

Tags for this Thread