Command Buttons and not Printing Them

  1. #1

    Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    Hello,

    I have on one of my spreadsheets a command button which the users can press to bring up a userform to enter information. Once the user does all this stuff, they can press print to print the spreadsheet. The problem with this is it also prints the command button.

    Is there anyway I make it so that the printer doesn't print out the command button too?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    For Control toolbox buttons

    Right click on button
    Select properties
    Change PrintObject setting to False

    For Forms buttons
    Right click on button
    Select Format Control
    Select properties
    Remove Tick from Print Object

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello FCC,

    If your command button is a Control Toolbox type, you need to activate design mode. Right click the control and select Format Control... from the popup menu. Click the Properties tab and click the Print Object Checkbox to clear it if it is set.

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    Right click the button, Format Control>Properties, deselect Print Object.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Tim Marsh
    Guest

    Re: Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    A question I can answer - wow!

    if you right click on the button (in edit mode) and choose properties in the
    short-cut menu, you'll see a property called 'Print Object'... set it to
    false.

    hth,

    Tim

  6. #6
    Tim Marsh
    Guest

    Re: Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    right click the button, choose 'Format Control' and the option is on the
    'Properties' tab

  7. #7
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    Hi FCC,

    Go View|Toolbars...check "Control Toolbox"
    On the Control Toolbox make sure the "Design Mode" button is on.
    Right click the Command Button|select Format Control| click the
    Properties tab|deselect "Print object"|OK|Turn off Design Mode on the
    Control Toolbox.

    Ken Johnson

  8. #8
    Ray
    Guest

    Re: Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    Is there anyway to do this for all buttons in a workbook, without having to
    go into EVERY Properties box? A macro or something....?

    thanks, ray

  9. #9
    usa
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    I am blind I cant find it. here is a pic of my properties box for an image.properties.PNG

  10. #10
    Forum Expert Logit's Avatar
    North Carolina
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019 Professional Plus - 2007 Enterprise
    Posts
    7,015

    Re: Command Buttons and not Printing Them

    Tim Marsh

    Good job ! Keep it up.