creating or importing new fill patterns in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    George
    Guest

    creating or importing new fill patterns in Excel 2003

    I'm looking for a way to add custom fill patterns for use in Excel. If
    possible, as bitmap imports.

  2. #2
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: creating or importing new fill patterns in Excel 2003

    Hi
    AFAIK this is not possible

    --
    Regards
    Frank Kabel
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: creating or importing new fill patterns in Excel 2003

    Some ideas if you want your custom pattern only for some special display
    purposes:

    Create a textbox with dimensions of a cell, properties - Move & size with
    cell.
    Format fill - effect - picture (your pattern image file)
    Put the cursor in the textbox
    In the Input bar type an = followed by some cell reference.

    or
    Create textboxes to exactly fit cells and = cell ref as above.
    Format each with thin grey broder
    Format fill color with no fill / invisible
    Add a picture to the sheet with your image, over the textboxes.
    Order - send to back
    or similarly format a recangle with fill effect - picture -your image

    or
    Format - sheet - background
    applies to entire sheet and will not print

    Regards,
    Peter T

    news:[email protected]...