recalculation - saving

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    recalculation - saving

    each time my macro copies a cell from one workbook to
    another workbook, excel saves both files. Is there a way
    to stop this type of saving activity???

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    1,203
    That's very strange behavior. I've never seen it, and I do A LOT of VBA programming in Excel.

    Can you paste some of your code here?

    - Pete

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: recalculation - saving

    Paul

    Don't really understand, but if you are trying to not save the originating
    workbook then either (Psuedo code)

    The first closes it without saving, the second marks it as saved (Clean) and
    therefore you don't get asked.

    Workbooks("Originating").Close SaveChanges:=False

    OR

    Workbooks("Originating").Saved = True

    If you are simply looking to not display the dialogs. (Excel will take the
    default decision) then

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    and switch to True before *any possible* exit

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    gopher
    Guest

    Re: recalculation - saving

    Try posting your code. If we can't see you code we can't answer your
    question