Suppress File Name

  1. #1
    Francis Ang
    Guest

    Suppress File Name

    Is there a way to suppress the file name appearing the title bar of a
    workbook using VBA? I know how to change the description appearing in the
    title bar by using 'Application.Caption="My Description"' but cannot suppress
    the file name.

    Any help is very much appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: Suppress File Name

    Hi
    don't think ou can do this with plain VBA. This would require some Windows
    API calls

    --
    Regards
    Frank Kabel
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Suppress File Name

    Hi Francis,

    Try:

    ActiveWindow.Caption = ""

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Sharad
    Guest

    Re: Suppress File Name

    The application Title Bar consists of Application.Caption &
    Window.Caption.
    So you set Application.Caption to what you want. After that you need to
    set Window.Caption to blank ("").
    e.g.

    Dim W
    For each W in Application.Windows