Thread safety of Excel

  1. #1
    Hans
    Guest

    Thread safety of Excel

    I am using Office 2000 on Windows XP and noticed some peculiar behaviour.
    When I use CPU intensive VB-code with Excel, something (I think Windows XP; I
    am not sure) will spawn an extra thread for Excel. In the taskmanager I can
    see I get extra instances for my Excel stuff.

    This however causes some kind of loop, so that Excel never finishes the code.

    This is also not 100% predictable: the same code will sometimes execute
    succesfully and sometimes will spawn an extra thread and loop indefinitly.

  2. #2
    gocush
    Guest

    RE: Thread safety of Excel

    It appears your code has a never-ending loop which continues to re-cycle.
    This is probably inside of and IF statement so that sometimes the conditions
    of the IF statement are not met so the code doen't enter the loop in those
    cases.

    You can find such a loop by using F8 to step thru the code and by using
    break points in the code to stop it at intervals.

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Thread safety of Excel

    Are you using Automation in your code? Are you starting another instance of
    Excel?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...