Addin remains in memory!

  1. #1
    Rob
    Guest

    Addin remains in memory!

    I have loaded an addin I developed with much help from others and decided to
    make some small changes; when testing / running through the VAB browser all
    works well. However when run via a menu item in Excel as it's designed, the
    original addin runs. I have loaded and unloaded the addin, I've restarted
    Excel and the PC but still the original addin is the one that runs.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks, Rob

  2. #2

    Re: Addin remains in memory!

    It sounds like your menu item still points at the macro in the original
    workbook.

    One neat way to avoid this problem is to build those changes to the menu each
    time the workbook/addin opens (and destroy it on the way out).

    If you like this idea, you may want to look at how John Walkenbach did it in his
    MenuMaker.xls workbook.

    You can find it:

  3. #3
    Rob
    Guest

    Re: Addin remains in memory!

    Thanks Dave. Eventually got it working by changing the Sub name and
    resaving the file.

    Regards, Rob

    news:[email protected]...