filtering data

  1. #1

    filtering data

    Hi,

    I need to filter some info from a list, then copy this info to another
    area of my speadsheet, i can do this by recording a macro and appying
    filters, but is ther an easier way

    regards

    johny 5

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Melbourne
    I would suggest that you use advanced filter. Check out the help on Advanced Filter or do a search for previous posts on this topic. For example, a thread titled 'Search/Filer' (yes Filer, not Filter) has a response I made to a similar question that should give you some ideas as well.

    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: filtering data

    If you're copying data to a different area, it may be more efficient to
    use an Advanced Filter. You can record the steps as you do it manually.
    There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List