How to prevent copying of an order form using an excel spreadsheet

  1. #1
    jerome
    Guest

    How to prevent copying of an order form using an excel spreadsheet

    If I distribute an order form to individuals to use on their computer, is
    there a way to prevent them from making copies and giving these forms to
    other individuals?
    --
    jj

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent copying of an order form using an excel spreadsheet

    In Excel 2003, there is a feature called Information Rights Management.

    It allows only certain people to have access to the document.
    It has other features too - including self expiring documents.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sharad Naik
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent copying of an order form using an excel spreadsheet

    Hi Rob
    This is of interest to me too.
    Where do I find more information about what you posted below?
    Thanks

    Sharad

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent copying of an order form using an excel spreadsheet

    If you have Excel 2003, you can search Help for "Information Rights
    Management"

    Otherwise, search Microsoft's site for the same.

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent copying of an order form using an excel spreadsheet

    Note that this requires you to have a accessible server running Windows
    Server 2003, and your clients to use XL03, as well, or they won't be
    able to read the file in XL.

    IIRC, if you give permission to edit the file, the user will be able to
    copy the content (and paste it into another, unprotected, workbook).
    Since the file in question is an order form, I don't know if that would
    work for the OP.

    In article <[email protected]>,