How to make Add-In worksheets viewable.

  1. #1
    Bing
    Guest

    How to make Add-In worksheets viewable.

    Hello,

    I'm converted a workbook project(.xls) into an add-In but i find frequently
    i need to add or modify contents of a worksheet such as comments to myself,
    version number in a worksheet in the addin. Problem is i can't seem to view
    the sheet in either excel or in VBA once it is converted into an addin. Is
    it possible to make these addin worksheets visible in excel or VBA so that i
    can add comments into the worksheet without having to unload the addin, make
    the changes in the worksheet of the original workbook(.xls), compile, convert
    to add-in again, then reload the addin?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How to make Add-In worksheets viewable.

    worksheets("MyAddin.xla").Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B9").Value = _
    "Note to Self: Make the code faster"

    Have you tried selecting it in the VBE (project explorer), look in the
    properties window and change IsAddin to False.

    Make your changes

    Then change it back. and then in the VBE do File=>Save MyAddin.xla

    Addins are not compiled. They are pretty much just workbooks with a
    property set so excel handles them a bit differently.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: How to make Add-In worksheets viewable.

    Hit 'Alt-F11' to get into the VBA Editor.
    In the PROJECT window, select your add-in to open up the project.
    Next, select 'Microsoft Excel Objects' to open it up.
    Next, select 'ThisWorkbook'
    In the PROPERTIES window, you will see a property called 'IsAddin'. It's
    probably set to 'TRUE'. Change that to 'FALSE.
    Remember, after you make your changes, go back and change this property to
    'TRUE' then save the add-in.
    HTH,
    Gary Brown