Save a range to binary file (including its format)

  1. #1
    Cool Sport
    Guest

    Save a range to binary file (including its format)

    Hi there,

    I am doing something similar to the autoformat function in Excel. But I
    want to save each set of format to a file that can be exchanged between
    users.

    Is this possible to save a sample range of cells (about 6 cols and 3
    rows) to a binary file including the cell format information.

    After that, the content of the file will be loaded into a range
    variable. Formation information will be obtained from that variable.

    Please give some ideas or sample code.

    Best regards,

    coolersport

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Save a range to binary file (including its format)

    Cool,

    The simplest way is to use an Excel file - copy the range to the file, save
    it, and open it when you need it, and close it when you're done.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...