Simple for.. next problem

  1. #1
    Alan M
    Guest

    Simple for.. next problem

    I need to use the Worksheet selectionchange event to trigger and action as
    follows.

    If the value in cell A1 on worksheet 1 changes then this value must be
    looked up in Range 1 on worksheet 2. having found the corresponding value I
    want to have a coloured shading apllied to the row in Range 2 in which the
    target cell lies.

    can you help please?

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: Simple for.. next problem

    Hi Alan,
    Hope this will help:
    Stop
    Z = Range("A1").Value
    Sheets("Sheet2").Select
    Application.Goto Reference:="Range1"
    Selection.Find(What:=(Z), After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
    :=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
    False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
    ActiveCell.Select
    With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    End With
    With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    End With
    With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    End With
    With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeRight)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    End With
    End Sub

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Simple for.. next problem

    Hi Alan,

    Try this

    Dim iRow As Long
    Dim oRng As Range

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    Set oRng = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("Range1")
    iRow = Application.Match(.Value, oRng, 0)
    If iRow > 0 Then
    oRng.Cells(iRow, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
    End If
    End With
    End If

    ws_exit: