How do I compare 2 lists and show duplicates as a new list?

  1. #1
    AnaBannana
    Guest

    How do I compare 2 lists and show duplicates as a new list?

    I have 2 lists of several part numbers. I need to compare both lists and
    extract all the duplicate numbers, copy them and place them in a new list.
    Does anyone have a macro that can do this task that they are willing to share?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How do I compare 2 lists and show duplicates as a new list?

    Hi AnaBannana

    One way is to use Advanced filter
    And copy the filtered list to another place

    See
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html#Match

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    AnaBannana
    Guest

    Re: How do I compare 2 lists and show duplicates as a new list?

    Thanks - but my lists contain thousands of numbers, and a filter is not going
    to provide me with a workable list. I need to copy any part numbers that are
    duplicated in 2 workbooks and place them in another, thereby creating another
    workbook or sheet.

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How do I compare 2 lists and show duplicates as a new list?

    Hi

    > duplicated in 2 workbooks

    Try http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

    Look for the Compare add-in