How to use Excel VBA to query a SAP database?

  1. #1
    Tim Davies
    Guest

    How to use Excel VBA to query a SAP database?

    Hi Everyone. A weakpoint to many spreadsheets I have written is that a
    report must be run within SAP and then exported manually to a spreadsheet,
    that is then parsed by a control spreadsheet to obtain the information I
    want. A solution to remove this step is to query SAP directly from Excel to
    obtain the required data.

    Does anyone know if there is an Excel add-in I can use and/or any VBA
    examples of how I can create such an interface?

    All help will be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How to use Excel VBA to query a SAP database?

    http://abap4.tripod.com/SAP_and_VBA_...ications_.html

    also, search google:

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    1,203
    Are you querying SAP R/2 or R/3 or BW?

    Big differences among these.

    - Pete

  4. #4
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: How to use Excel VBA to query a SAP database?

    "Tim Davies" <Tim [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everyone. A weakpoint to many spreadsheets I have written is that a
    > report must be run within SAP and then exported manually to a spreadsheet,
    > that is then parsed by a control spreadsheet to obtain the information I
    > want. A solution to remove this step is to query SAP directly from Excel

    > obtain the required data.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is an Excel add-in I can use and/or any VBA
    > examples of how I can create such an interface?
    >
    > All help will be greatly appreciated.

    Doesn't SAP have any kind of tool that transfers data directly from a report
    or a database to Excel? How will you know what queries to make?

    Here are some other links
    http://www.sapgenie.com/products/gesix/
    http://searchsap.techtarget.com/whit...011772,00.html
    http://www.afalinasoft.com/xl-report-sap/

    /Fredrik

  5. #5
    Tim Davies
    Guest

    Re: How to use Excel VBA to query a SAP database?

    Thanks a lot Tom, that mdb will be a great help.

    Regards,

    Tim Davies

  6. #6
    Tim Davies
    Guest

    Re: How to use Excel VBA to query a SAP database?

    Thanks Fredrik for your response. SAP can transfer directly to a spreadsheet
    from the SAP GUI, but that is the step I want to bypass as it re. See the
    web page suggested by Tom for code to perform the actions I require.

    Regards,

    Tim.