In need of a macro.

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    In need of a macro.

    I am looking for a macro that will seperate and add the next day.

    When I use this worksheet, sometimes I input multiple days at a time so
    the now function wouldn't work. But i would like to be able to run a macro
    that will look and see what the last day entered was in column B. Insert a
    break of some sort. Preferably fill cells A:Q solid black. How they are
    seperated is unimportant. Just something to show the end of a day. For
    example, if cell B26 is my last entry, and it was 11/23/2004. Starting at
    A27, Fill cells A27:P27 with a black background, and in those cells in white
    bold font enter 11/24/2004.

    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Steve

  2. #2
    Steve
    Guest

    RE: In need of a macro.

    A bit of a revision or clarification, when 11/24/2004 is entered, I would
    like it to be entered in column B. I don't want A:P to be merged.

    Thanks again,
    Steve

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: In need of a macro.

    Sub FillIn()
    Dim cLastRow As Long

    cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
    With Cells(cLastRow + 1, "A").Resize(1, 17)
    .Interior.Color = RGB(&H0, &H0, &H0)
    .Value = Cells(cLastRow, "B").Value + 1
    With .Font
    .Bold = True
    .Color = RGB(&HFF, &HFF, &HFF)
    End With
    .NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
    End With

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: In need of a macro.

    The macro worked great. I have one quick question. The date being entered
    appears all the cells for the specified row. Is there a way to modify it so
    that it only appears in column B?

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: In need of a macro.

    Sub FillIn()
    Dim cLastRow As Long

    cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
    With Cells(cLastRow + 1, "A").Resize(1, 17)
    .Interior.Color = RGB(&H0, &H0, &H0)
    .Item(1,1).Value = Cells(cLastRow, "B").Value + 1
    With .Item(1,1).Font
    .Bold = True
    .Color = RGB(&HFF, &HFF, &HFF)
    End With