Connection to MySQL causes "Catastrophic failure"

  1. #1
    Flemse
    Guest

    Connection to MySQL causes "Catastrophic failure"

    I am trying to load data from Excel to MySQL. In PHP everything works fine , but in VB I get error 8000ffff,
    "Catastrophic failure".

    Sub XLtoMYSQL()
    Dim ConnectMySQL As String
    Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
    Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
    Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    ConnectMySQL = _
    "DRIVER={Mysql ODBC 3.51 Driver};" & _
    "SERVER=myISPIP;DATABASE=myDatabase;" & _
    "UID=myUsername;PWD=myPassword"
    conn.Open ConnectMySQL
    End Sub

    I spent all day trying to figure this out.
    Any ideas?

    Flemming

  2. #2
    TK
    Guest

    RE: Connection to MySQL causes "Catastrophic failure"

    Hi Flemse

    Have you referenced the library?? If Not.

    To use ADO objects in an application add a reference
    to the ADO component. From the VBA window select
    Tools/References< check the box
    "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library"

    Good Luck
    TK

  3. #3
    onedaywhen
    Guest

    Re: Connection to MySQL causes "Catastrophic failure"

    > > I am trying to load data from Excel to MySQL. In PHP everything
    works fine , but in VB I get error 8000ffff,
    > > "Catastrophic failure".

    suggest the OP googles it e.g.

    http://www.google.com/search?tab=gw&...l%20ado&hl=en&
    Jamie.

  4. #4
    Flemse
    Guest

    Re: Connection to MySQL causes "Catastrophic failure"

    OK, it appears to be a problem with myODBC 3.51.10.
    They are working on a fix, untill then using driver 3.51.9 seems to solve the problem.

    Flemse