Transpose selected column headings to rows

  1. #1
    Gar3th
    Guest

    Transpose selected column headings to rows

    Hi

    In Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet with a list of staff names in column A.
    Columns B to P are head with different item types for which they . Under
    these headers is either a value or text entry. I have inserted a blank row
    for each header that contains an entry other than 0 or "N".

    Now I want to place the headers, where the entry is anything but 0 and 'N',
    in the blank rows starting in the next column ie Q so its a form of
    transposition. However the number of blank rows is different for each staff
    member.

    I will be extremely grateful if anyone can supply a solution.

    I was asked to attach a sample but I cannot find a facilitry to do this.

    Regards

    Gareth

    PS If Edwin Tam sees this it is a follow on from the auto insert you provide
    which has worked beautifully.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Transpose selected column headings to rows

    By example, we mean give us a sample of the data in the text of the message,
    some heading details, some names, the 0 and N and some blank rows, then
    preferably an example of what it should look like. Enough data to cover your
    differing situations.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gar3th
    Guest

    RE: Transpose selected column headings to rows

    Hi The data relating to the problem below appears as:

    Name Invoices Petty Cash Cheques Holiday Forms Mat Leave Item
    Amt
    George Smith £1000 £100 0 Y N

    John Brown 0 0 £100 Y Y

    Jeff Black £500 £500 0 N N

    Etc

    The transposition should create:

    Name Invoices Petty Cash Cheques Holiday Forms Mat Leave Item
    Amt
    George Smith £1000 £100 0 Y N Invoices
    £1000
    Petty Ca
    £100
    Holiday F
    John Brown 0 0 £100 Y Y Cheques
    £100
    Holiday F
    Mat Leave
    Jeff Black £500 £500 0 N N Invoices
    £500
    Petty Ca
    £500
    Etc
    Once again if anyone can assist it will be very much appreciated.

    Regards

    Gareth