Context sensitive help

  1. #1
    Jon Bailes
    Guest

    Context sensitive help

    I have written a help file for my application, which works fine. However,
    the context sensitive help does not work at all if I don't define the Help
    File Name in the Project Properties dialog. As the help file can be
    installed into different folders during installation, I can't reliably set
    this property at design time.

    Can anyone tell me how to define the context sensitive help path and file at
    run time, bearing in mind the project is locked and password protected. The
    method I have used for defining the 'normal' help involves the WinHelp API
    call and the HelpQuit command, unfortunately, this doesn't seem to effect
    the context sensitive help.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

    Many thanks
    Jon

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Context sensitive help

    Jon,

    You don't show the code, but I usually put the help file in the same file as
    the application, and then use ThisWorkbook.Path to pre-prend the help file.

    As I am sure that you know, you need context ids to call into the correct
    point of the help file.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: Context sensitive help

    Within a sub that runs as soon as your workbook is opened, insert this line:

    Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.HelpFile = "c:\xx.hlp"

    where c:\xx.hlp is the location & name of your help file. If the location
    (and name) varies, you'll need some way of establishing it.