Detecting a cancel on Workbook_BeforeClose event?

  1. #1
    Don Wiss
    Guest

    Detecting a cancel on Workbook_BeforeClose event?

    Can I detect when a user selects cancel in a BeforeClose event? It appears
    to me that the event has already been run when the user is asked if they
    want to save, not save, or cancel. I don't see an AfterCancel event.

    This as the BeforeClose is removing my Toolbar and I'd like to put it back
    after a cancel.

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Detecting a cancel on Workbook_BeforeClose event?

    Don,

    How about removing the toolbar in Workbook_Deactivate, and restore it in
    Workbook_Activate as well as workbook_Open?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Wiss

    On 17 Jan 2005, Bob Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Don Wiss wrote:
    >> Can I detect when a user selects cancel in a BeforeClose event? It appears
    >> to me that the event has already been run when the user is asked if they
    >> want to save, not save, or cancel. I don't see an AfterCancel event.
    >>
    >> This as the BeforeClose is removing my Toolbar and I'd like to put it back
    >> after a cancel.

    >How about removing the toolbar in Workbook_Deactivate, and restore it in
    >Workbook_Activate as well as workbook_Open?

    If in a Workbook_Activate it wouldn't need to be in a Workbook_Open. I am
    using this way now. The only downside is when flipping between workbooks
    that use the toolbar the toolbar disappears and then reappears. I haven't
    yet found a way around this.

    This is the code I'm calling on the Workbook_Activate:

    Sub RestoreToolbar()
    ' called by button on Main sheet and workbook activate

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    If DoesToolBarExist("CasFacToolbar") Then
    Application.CommandBars("CasFacToolbar").Visible = True
    Else
    If DoesProjectExist("CFRTAddIn") Then
    Application.Run "'CFRT Add-In.xla'!NewToolBar"
    Else
    Workbooks.Open ActiveWorkbook.path & "\CFRT Add-In.xla"

    Function DoesToolBarExist(ToolBarName As String) As Boolean
    ' addin name is case sensitive. is project name, not file name
    Dim CB As Object
    DoesToolBarExist = False
    For Each CB In Application.CommandBars
    If CB.Name = ToolBarName Then DoesToolBarExist = True
    Next
    End Function

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Detecting a cancel on Workbook_BeforeClose event?

    "Don Wiss" <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 17 Jan 2005, Bob Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Don Wiss wrote:
    > >> Can I detect when a user selects cancel in a BeforeClose event? It

    appears
    > >> to me that the event has already been run when the user is asked if

    they
    > >> want to save, not save, or cancel. I don't see an AfterCancel event.
    > >>
    > >> This as the BeforeClose is removing my Toolbar and I'd like to put it

    back
    > >> after a cancel.

    > >How about removing the toolbar in Workbook_Deactivate, and restore it in
    > >Workbook_Activate as well as workbook_Open?

    > If in a Workbook_Activate it wouldn't need to be in a Workbook_Open. I am
    > using this way now. The only downside is when flipping between workbooks
    > that use the toolbar the toolbar disappears and then reappears. I haven't
    > yet found a way around this.

    If you knew all the workbooks that use the toolbar, you could use
    Application events, initiated from Personal.xls.