.Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing

  1. #1
    Guest

    .Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing

    I have a .net addin which adds it's own command bar. I
    want to catch when a cell is mid-edit and prevent my
    menus from running until the edit is commited or
    cancelled.

    But I can't see a way to do this from the excel object
    model.

    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Allan
    Guest

    .Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing

    To catch if the user is mid-edit - I'm setting

    application.interactive=false

    and catching if there is com interop error; but surely
    theres a better way to verify cell editing.

  3. #3
    Jens Thiel
    Guest

    Re: .Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing

    There are better ways in native code (or using P/Invoke, but YMMV).

    Best regards,

    Jens.

    --
    http://ManagedXLL.net/
    Replace MSDN with my first name when replying to my email address!

    news:[email protected]...