Reading data from an excel sheet and writing to another

  1. #1
    Rain
    Guest

    Reading data from an excel sheet and writing to another

    Hi,

    I had read about reading data from a closed workBook, on this forum a while
    ago.
    Reference link:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

    I am using this function as below:
    GetDataSheet ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Book2.xls", "Sheet1", ActiveCell, True

    I modified the function to the effect that the entire sheet gets selected
    instead of a range of cells.

    Kindly refer http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm for function GetDataSheet

    The data (Say) on Book2.Sheet1 is as below:

    ABC 123 56 DEF 345 0.5
    ABC 23 76 DEF 375 0.7
    ABC 523 56 DEF 45 0.6

    On the resulting sheet, the first row which contains numbers is getting
    changed to
    F(column number) as in

    First Row: ABC F2 F3 DEF F4 F5

    All I want is to copy data on a specified sheet on a workbook to the current
    sheet without opening the source file.

    Any thought?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Jamie Collins
    Guest

    Re: Reading data from an excel sheet and writing to another

    Rain wrote:
    > Kindly refer http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm for function

    GetDataSheet

    > On the resulting sheet, the first row which contains numbers is

    getting
    > changed to
    > F(column number) as in
    >
    > First Row: ABC F2 F3 DEF F4 F5

    Change HDR=Yes to HDR=No (HDR specifies whether the source has column
    headers).

    Jamie.