formula returns #N/A

  1. #1
    Kyler
    Guest

    formula returns #N/A

    I have a formula which returns #N/A in some cells in a string--I need a
    formula to ignore the error and leave the cell blank so that another formula
    which reads the contents of that cell will skip over it and go to the next
    cell

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: formula returns #N/A

    The most common method:

    =IF(ISNA(your_formula),"",your_formula)

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Fred Tuck
    Guest

    Re: formula returns #N/A

    Thanks very much--I have been looking for a solution for a while now and
    this works like a charm--best regards!!!!

    Kyler

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    1,203
    The more general solution is:

    =IF(ISERROR(your_formula),"",your_formula)