Day associated with date

  1. #1
    Neal
    Guest

    Day associated with date

    Hi,

    Column "A" contains dates. I would like a macro that will scan that column
    and then put each dates associated day of the week in column "B".

    TIA

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Day associated with date

    Why a Macro?
    In column B reference the adjacent cell column in (In B2 make the Formula =A2)

    Now reformat A2 as a Custom Format "DDDD"

    Or if you need the Text String Friday use the Weekday function in B2 and do
    a lookup of that value.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Day associated with date

    No need for a macro. In cell B1, use the formula =A1, and copy down to match
    your column A. Then format the cells for custom, using dddd to show the
    day name.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jerry
    Guest

    Re: Day associated with date

    Neal,

    I use the formula in column b for each cell =weekday(a1,1); where a1=a date
    and the 1 denotes the start day of the week as Sunday=1 thru Saturday=7; use
    2 for Monday=1 thru Sunday=7; use 3 for Monday=0 thru Sunday=6.

    Jerry