Calculation problem

  1. #1
    Ajtb
    Guest

    Calculation problem

    Hi
    I experienced an unusual problem with this instruction below. It worked
    fine on two computer systems but came up with
    The calculation method failed, run time error '1004' on a third system,
    running the latest version of Excel.

    Sheets("Data").Range("A58:AF59").Calculate

    Events are turned off and the range only contains simple formulas.

    Any ideas ?

    TIA

    Andrew Bourke

  2. #2
    Charles Williams
    Guest

    Re: Calculation problem

    Hi Andrew,

    There is a list of known problems with Range.calculate at
    http://www.decisionModels.com/calcsecretsg.htm

    You probably have hit one of these

    regards
    Charles
    ______________________
    Decision Models
    FastExcel 2.1 now available
    www.DecisionModels.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ajtb
    Guest

    Re: Calculation problem

    Thanks for the advice Charles. I had calculation set to manual and
    iteration enabled which apparently upsets Excel 2002.

    Regards

    Andrew B

  4. #4
    Charles Williams
    Guest

    Re: Calculation problem

    Range.Calculate has always ignored iteration, it just didnt complain until
    2002 ...