My Excel formula is using my text as a cell range.

  1. #1
    Aeryn635
    Guest

    My Excel formula is using my text as a cell range.

    I am trying to have my formula look up my value. The problem is my text
    value appears to be a cell range, for example "a75-s209". A75-s209 is a
    model number that we sell. I tried to use an apostrophe, as well as
    quotation marks. I could not get either one to function properly
    =VLOOKUP(Inventory!"a75-s209",Inventory!A2:B74,2)

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: My Excel formula is using my text as a cell range.

    Aeryn,
    If it is text, then it is not on WS Inventory as such, so use;
    =VLOOKUP("a75-s209",Inventory!A2:B74,2)

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Aeryn635
    Guest

    Re: My Excel formula is using my text as a cell range.

    Thank you so much!! Almost perfect. How do I tell it to only return an exact
    match when it searches for a value?

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: My Excel formula is using my text as a cell range.

    Aeryn,
    Look at the 4th argument to VLOOKUP.