Function parameter limit

  1. #1
    Brad
    Guest

    Function parameter limit

    Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

    I have a function that averages out fields, and ignores zeros.

    Function TheName(P1, P2, P3...and so on)

    My question is how many parameters can I have? We have used this function
    with 29 up until now, but need to expand it, but now it is not working.

    Thanks,

    Brad

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Function parameter limit

    If used in a worksheet, 29 is the limit.

    However, if P1 refers to a cell address, then

    P1:P200 would be 1 of the 29 arguments.

    =TheName(P1:P200,Q3,Z50)

    would be 3 arguments. You just have to make your function handle multiple
    cell arguments.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Brad
    Guest

    Re: Function parameter limit

    Thanks Tom.

    Unfortunately it is every second cell, so a range of 1:200 would not work.

    I've got an idea though,

    Thanks,

    Brad