Date Time Picker ActiveX Control Version 6.0 (SP3)

  1. #1
    Jim in Spokane
    Guest

    Date Time Picker ActiveX Control Version 6.0 (SP3)

    I am using the Date Time Picker to select calendar dates using a VB form
    Excel 2003

    It works great for me, however when I send the Excel File to other users who
    do not have Excel XP or 2003, they do not have the ActiveX Controls to make
    it work.

    Is there an easy way to point them to a link, where they can download the
    ActiveX Controls necessary for the Date Time Picker?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim in Spokane
    Guest

    RE: Date Time Picker ActiveX Control Version 6.0 (SP3)

    Wanted to add the error is missing this object: MSCOMCT2.OCX

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Date Time Picker ActiveX Control Version 6.0 (SP3)

    OFFXPDEV: MSCOMCT2.OCX Is Not Included with Microsoft Office XP Developer

    Says it can be downloaded from

    http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/MSCOMCT2.CAB

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Mark \(InWales\)
    Guest

    Re: Date Time Picker ActiveX Control Version 6.0 (SP3)

    Hi Jim

    I would also be very interested it is a brilliant control - I am using Excel
    2003 on my home PC I have the control and on my work PC I do not. Points of
    note though - the object lives in the System32 folder and Microsoft have a
    download (as I am sure your aware) but how could you deploy the control over
    a network without visiting every single computer given the users would not
    have access rights to add to a system folder?
    Also, given the difficulties of working with dates (Well I have problems -
    anyway!) why did Microsoft remove the control in the first place? Available
    in 97 I believe.

    Interested
    Mark (InWales)