automatically select object references

  1. #1
    Job
    Guest

    automatically select object references

    Is there a way via vba to select references like ms forms or ado or dao,
    without having to go through the vba editor? We are distributing sheets
    that require references but the people we're sending to won't know how to do
    this.

    Cheers,

    Job

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: automatically select object references

    For MSforms, your worksheet will already contain the reference.

    For ADO or DAO you could design your code to use late Binding

    Nevertheless:

    XL97: How to Programmatically Create a Reference

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    PaulD
    Guest

    Re: automatically select object references

    "Job" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : Is there a way via vba to select references like ms forms or ado or dao,
    : without having to go through the vba editor? We are distributing sheets
    : that require references but the people we're sending to won't know how to
    do
    : this.
    :
    : Cheers,
    :
    : Job
    :
    :

    Have you looked into late binding?
    Paul D

  4. #4
    Job
    Guest

    Re: automatically select object references

    Ok good. Never realized that is what I was doing. Thanks for the late
    Binding info!

    news:[email protected]...