Create User Defined Folder

  1. #1
    Delboy
    Guest

    Create User Defined Folder

    Hi,

    I need some help. I'm trying to provide a way in which a user is presented
    with the file structure of his PC and is asked to create a new folder
    (something like the FileDialog function etc). When he does this I need to
    know the name of the new folder and its location. I will then be able to
    copy a defined folder structure into his new folder along with some files. I
    think that I can do the second part, but have no idea about the first. Can
    anyone help?

  2. #2

    Re: Create User Defined Folder

    Maybe you could just let them select the folder where the new subfolder goes.

    If you know the name, you could do the work for them.

    If you don't know the name, I think I'd tell them to use Windows explorer to
    create the folder and then ask (filedialog stuff) where they put it.