Excel file gets corrupted

  1. #1
    Alex
    Guest

    Excel file gets corrupted

    I have prepared a Excel module composed of 1 front page that the user
    get access to and where the user can update the data, all of the date
    is then collated and reorganised on 2 other files one is a database
    that keeps the records in the correct order and the other is the one
    where the records are read from and written to before being stored on
    the database. the whole thing is done on VBA code and Macros, the
    access the user has is limited to the 6 buttons 1 combobox and 3 cells
    (1 text and 2 numerical). The problem that I have is that the on
    closing the program sometimes it crashes and one of the files doesn't
    get saved but it becomes a number, how can I resolve the bug?

  2. #2

    Re: Excel file gets corrupted

    I think I'd spend time trying to find out why excel crashes.

    If you can clear that up, you should be set.

    The bad news is that this could be very difficult to determine. It could be
    excel (itself). It could be the workbook. It could be the macros in the
    workbook.

    Unencumbered by the thought process...

    My guess is that it's not excel--since it happens for various users?????

    I think I'd create a smaller test version of the workbook (copy the macros over
    and enough data to make it possible to test).

    If that newly created workbook doesn't crash, I _think_ I'd recreate the
    workbook in toto.

    If that new workbook starts crashing, then I wasted your time--but that's how
    I'd start.

    Good luck,

  3. #3

    Re: Excel file gets corrupted

    One more thing. You may want to try opening the problem workbook in OpenOffice.

    Then save a copy there. Maybe it'll clean up whatever is causing the trouble.

    (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)