Opening an Add-In

  1. #1
    Kerry
    Guest

    Opening an Add-In

    Hi

    I have created an Excel add-in file, saved it, activated
    it etc. Its working fine. However, I would like to add
    a description to it and make some amendments but I can't
    open the file. Any ideas?

    Many Thanks

    Kerry

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    Kerry,

    Go into the VB IDE, select ThisWorkbook in the addin project, and change the
    IsAddin property to False. This then becomes a visible workbook, you can add
    your description, reset the IsAddin property and save it (in the VB IDE).

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    Laurent Longre has an addin that provides language support and much more.
    You can get it
    http://longre.free.fr/english/
    although I do not know that it supports Portuguese, you could check it out

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    Sorry, replied to wrong question here.

    RP

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Kerry
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    Sorry - whats the VB IDE?

    Thanks

    Kerry

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    The development environment within Excel. Do Alt-F11 to get to it.

  8. #8
    Kerry
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    Great - Thanks v much

  9. #9
    Stephen Bullen
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Add-In

    Hi Kerry,

    > Sorry - whats the VB IDE?

    It's the editor you see when you click Tools > Macro > Visual Basic
    Editor, aka the VBE.

    Regards

    Stephen Bullen
    Microsoft MVP - Excel