how do i directly edit a connection string in an Excel workbook q.

  1. #1
    SteveCarlston
    Guest

    how do i directly edit a connection string in an Excel workbook q.

    i need to edit a connection string due to a corporate change in servers.

    this change does not allow the query editor(s) to open the query through the
    standard Excel defaults.

    i'm hoping someone will know a way to edit the connectstring.

    thanks!

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: how do i directly edit a connection string in an Excel workbook q.

    The QueryTable.Connection property contains the connection string; I have
    never tried changing the connection db this way but it should be possible, I
    would go into the immediate pane and try this:

    ? Sheets("SheetName").QueryTables(1).Connection
    - to see what the current string looks like

    Sheets("SheetName").QueryTables(1).Connection = "... "
    To reset the connection parameters

  3. #3
    steveCarlston
    Guest

    RE: how do i directly edit a connection string in an Excel workboo

    Thanks,
    this did allow me to reconnect. this allowed almost all queries to run
    again. the only one that didn't just needed to be relinked.