help with workbook

  1. #1
    Craig
    Guest

    help with workbook

    This may sound a bit cheeky, I'm just starting to learn macro's etc in
    Excel, but I'm looking for a spreadsheet quite quickly and you guys seem
    very knowledgeable in this group.
    I want a spreadsheet which will auto save and close in say 10mins if no data
    has been entered in this time, with a message box pop up in say the last
    10sec with a countdown, which can be cancelled either by a cancel button in
    the same box or by entering data in the workbook.
    Also a box on the front page with a "tick box" or similar to enable/disable
    the macro.
    I know this may not be rocket science for the more experienced, but I'm
    anything but a rocket scientist, I will give it a go myself, but I also need
    it in a hurry.
    If anybody could point me in the right direction, or even better if somebody
    could make me one I do not mind giving a small donation for their trouble.
    (the cheeky part)
    Bearing in mind I'm very much the amateur...
    Beware the spam trap if replying:....

  2. #2
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: help with workbook

    Craig

    You are likely to find that if there is a form that allows users to check a
    box so the form doesn't close on them after ten minutes, the will check it
    as soon as they open the workbook.

    There is a sample spreadsheet at this site that will get you started:
    http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/vba.html

    If you need more help after looking through the sample and searching for
    other samples, ask another question.

    HTH
    Steve

    news:[email protected]...