Memory Leaks

  1. #1
    Cheer
    Guest

    Memory Leaks

    I wonder if there's a tried-and-true way to check on memory usage by
    Excel as time goes on? I'm hoping I've done a good job of releasing
    resources in my add-in, but I'd like to check after running it
    multiple times to make sure that the memory usage isn't steadily
    increasing. If I could get this measurement via VBA, that would be
    even better.

    Thanks in advance for any guidance you all have.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Memory Leaks

    With Application.
    a = .memoryfree
    b = .memorytotal
    c = .memoryused
    End With

    are what are internally provided. I think you would have to go to the
    windows API if these don't prove to be what you want.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Cheer
    Guest

    Re: Memory Leaks

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:57:23 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >With Application.
    > a = .memoryfree
    > b = .memorytotal
    > c = .memoryused
    >End With
    >
    >are what are internally provided. I think you would have to go to the
    >windows API if these don't prove to be what you want.

    Many thanks, Tom. This will get me started.