Extract values from certain Cells to a Master Worksheet

  1. #1
    prkhan56
    Guest

    Extract values from certain Cells to a Master Worksheet

    Hello All,
    I am using Office 2003 and have the following problem:
    I have many xls files in a folder C:\temp
    The first sheet of each file in folder C:\Temp is having some values at
    the following address:

    B8
    F6
    F7
    B15
    C15
    C16
    D15
    E15
    F15
    G15
    C21
    B27
    B28
    E31
    G31

    I wish to extract the values from the above address from all the xls
    files in C:\Temp and paste it rowwise in a new Workbook eg. Export.xls
    from A1 onwards in the order given below:

    Eg. B8 will go to A1, F6 to B1, F7 to C1.... .... G31 will go to O1..

    Can this be achieved?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA

    Rashid Khan

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Extract values from certain Cells to a Master Worksheet

    Hi prkhan56

    You can use this macro to do this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

    If you don't like the links you can do a copy>PasteSpecial to values

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    prkhan56
    Guest

    Re: Extract values from certain Cells to a Master Worksheet

    Thanks Ron
    Works great... BTW I had posted a problem under the heading "Macro to
    Extract Values from Master.xls to Report.xls" in pubic.Excel and
    Excel.programming... but could not get a response..

    Could u possibly guide me to a solution for this post also

    Thanks for your time and help

    Rashid Khan