disable spell check pop-up message

  1. #1
    Greg
    Guest

    disable spell check pop-up message

    I created a macro that sets a range within my worksheet. After the proper
    range has been set, I run ActiveCell.CheckSpelling. This works fine. Since
    I am not checking the spelling of the entire worksheet, the user is prompted
    with a message to see if they would like to check the spelling from the
    beginning. Is there anyway to turn this off (other than spell check of the
    entire worksheet)?

  2. #2
    Rob Bovey
    Guest

    Re: disable spell check pop-up message

    "Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I created a macro that sets a range within my worksheet. After the proper
    > range has been set, I run ActiveCell.CheckSpelling. This works fine.
    > Since
    > I am not checking the spelling of the entire worksheet, the user is
    > prompted
    > with a message to see if they would like to check the spelling from the
    > beginning. Is there anyway to turn this off (other than spell check of
    > the
    > entire worksheet)?

    Hi Greg,

    When you run the CheckSpelling method from a single cell, VBA
    automatically assumes you want to spell-check the whole worksheet
    (consistent with the way spell checking works in the UI).

    The way I get around this is to select an empty cell in addition to the
    cell I'm trying to spell-check and then run the CheckSpelling method on
    these two cells. Since the empty cell is empty it has no effect, and since
    the CheckSpelling method is being run on multiple cells it stops when it has
    finished those cells.

    The additional empty cell doesn't have to be near the one you're trying
    to spell-check. For example, cell A1 is empty in almost all of my
    worksheets, so I always use it. So if you wanted to spell-check cell D5 on
    the active worksheet and you know cell A1 is empty you could do this:

    Application.Union(ActiveSheet.Range("A1"), _
    ActiveSheet.Range("D5")).CheckSpelling

    --
    Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
    Application Professionals

    * Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
    * Professional Excel Development
    http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: disable spell check pop-up message

    [email protected] asked the same question in the same
    newsgroup a few minutes later!

    See that discussion for a solution.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com