Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    luvgreen
    Guest

    Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    Greetings! I have one user populated file used in Excel 2002. Now that we
    have to upgrade to 2003, I am trying to open this file, but I got message of
    "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
    sorry for the inconvenience." Any ideas why this happen to the file. It is
    not just happening to one file, it happens to other users too who are using
    this file.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    Hi

    does the file contain a "map" - although maps were not able to be created in
    ver 2002 (i do believe some people managed it anyway) files containing maps
    created in ver 2000 were still able to be opened. However, in ver 2003
    files containing maps (as per help & ms site) will not be able to be opened.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    luvgreen
    Guest

    Re: Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    Julie:

    Thank you for your answer. I don't have maps in my file. I have lots of
    macros though. I deleted all the macros in 2002, and it still won't open in
    2003.

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    Hi

    does 2002 still open the file?

  5. #5
    luvgreen
    Guest

    Re: Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    Yes, and it works fine in 2002.

  6. #6
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    Hi

    if it's not sensitive information, feel free to email it direct to me
    (julied at hcts dot net dot au) and i'll take a look at it and see if i
    can spot what is amiss.

  7. #7
    luvgreen
    Guest

    Re: Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    Wow, you are in Australia!
    Thank you Julie for offering. This is sensative information, so I can't send
    that to you. I really appreciate your kind help.

  8. #8
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Can't Open Excel 2002 File in Excel 2003

    okay, understood, hope you find a solution.

    Cheers
    JulieD
    (re Australia .. yep and it's 1am here so i best call it a night!)