Pausing procedure until worksheet finishes calculating

  1. #1
    Guest

    Pausing procedure until worksheet finishes calculating

    I am writing a macro for a workbook that has
    a "Calculation" worksheet. There is a Loop procedure that
    passes numbers through this "Calculation" worksheet and
    each time, the output is copied to a different worksheet.
    It looks like the copy part is happening before
    the "Calculation" worksheet can finish calculating. Is
    there a way to pause the procedure until the worksheet is
    done calculating?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hi,

    If your copies are correct, turn off screen updating while the macro is running:

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    and re-enable it after the macro has finished:

    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

    If you do need to pause while the worksheet calculates, create a user form that displays a message like "Please wait while the worksheet calculates." Have the macro run when you call the form. After the macro finishes, close the form. You can call the form and have it execute from in the loop.

    Hope this helps,
    Leith Ross
    Last edited by Leith Ross; 02-18-2005 at 04:32 PM.

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Pausing procedure until worksheet finishes calculating

    application.enableevents=false
    your code
    reset to true

    --