TextBox on a Form How do I.......?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO

    TextBox on a Form How do I.......?

    I have a VBA Form that has a TextBox and I would like to put a copyright mark in the text at one point, but can't seem to find a way. Is this possible?

    Thanks
    Casey

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: TextBox on a Form How do I.......?

    Casey,

    I was able to embed the © symbol in a textbox on a form using Alt+0169
    (press those number keys on the number pad to the right of your keyboard)

    http://HelpExcel.com

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO

    TextBox on a Form How do I.......?

    galimi,
    Super, worked like the proverbial charm. I used the Alt+0169 in the text portion of the properties and it worked perfectly. It also appears to work if you type it in the value section also. Thank you. I tried using Char(169) in the value and typing (c) which in Excel and Word changes to the copright symbol but didn't work. Thank you so much for the great tip.

  4. #4
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: TextBox on a Form How do I.......?

    The code version:

    TextBox1.Text = "Casey" & Chr(169) & Year(Date)

    To get the corresponding numbers to these symblos, create a character map
    worksheet for yourself. In a blank sheet enter formula =CHAR(ROW()) in the
    row 1 cells and fill down to row 255. Format each column with different
    fonts. Arial, Marlett, Symbol and the Wingdings family are extremely useful
    for those things. I think my "charmap.xls" is the file I use most often, and
    this is it.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Casey" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO

    Re: TextBox on a Form How do I.......?

    Harald,
    Thank you for the great resource. I made your character map and it has opened all kind of possiblilities. I have used something similar that uses the CODE() function because I use alot of formulas that make decisions based on text input. Again, thanks for the insight.