Date Event

  1. #1
    gregork
    Guest

    Date Event

    I have the following formula on my worksheet that I was going to use to
    record a date when a stock level is reached:

    IF($I3>=$H3,TODAY(),"INCOMPLETE")

    Of course its not gunna work because after all 'tomorrows another day' so my
    formula is going to return a different date.
    What I need is the exact day that I3 =H3 to be noted so I guess I need an
    event right?
    I also need it to work on a range of cells. Not sure how to go about this.

    GK

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Date Event

    Gregor,

    Here is some event code. It works if any cell in A1:A100 is selected and
    then does that compariosn.

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    With Target
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
    If Me.Cells(.Row, "I").Value = Me.Cells(.Row, "H").Value Then
    .Value = Date
    .NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy"
    Else
    .Value = "INCOMPLETE"
    .NumberFormat = "@"
    End With

    ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    gregork
    Guest

    Re: Date Event

    Thanks for the help Bob. Here's what I have done to the code to suit my
    needs . It works but only if I click on a cell to activate it ("K1:K1000").
    Can the code be changed so I don't have to click on it to get the return?
    The cells with the value that changes is I1:I1000 . Can the date value be
    offset from this range so that it ends up in K1:K1000?

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    With Target
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("K1:K1000")) Is Nothing Then
    If Me.Cells(.Row, "I").Value <= 0 Then

    .Value = Date
    .NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy"
    Else
    .Value = "INCOMPLETE"
    .NumberFormat = "@"
    End With

    Many thanks for help
    GK

    ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Date Event

    Gregor,

    You need something to happen to force the event to happen. If it is not to
    be the click, what do you envisage to do that? Do you want it to be when one
    of I1:I100 changes?

    Not sure what you mean by the second part, as the date does end up in
    K1:K100, doesn't it?