how to make a macro and run in every excel book that opened?

  1. #1
    wayan
    Guest

    how to make a macro and run in every excel book that opened?

    Hi,
    I make a macro and assigned that macro to customized menu bar.
    Seems that macro doesn’t run in other book.

    Somebody know how to make a macro and run in every excel book that opened?
    Or the reference/article to do so?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: how to make a macro and run in every excel book that opened?

    save the code in Personal.xls or in an xla that is saved in the lstart
    folder. it will open when excel does, and the code will be available to all
    workbooks

  3. #3
    wayan
    Guest

    RE: how to make a macro and run in every excel book that opened?

    Hi Patrick,

    I tried to save as in .xla extension and tick the Wayan analysis in
    tool>Add-Ins but the messages 'book4.xls' could not be found.etc....etc....etc

    where is the lstart located?

  4. #4
    Jean-Yves
    Guest

    Re: how to make a macro and run in every excel book that opened?

    Patrick means xlstart iso lstart. It is the defaulft folder for excel to
    open all workbooks contained there.
    Look also in tool/options, general tab.
    For the others part of your question, remeber that your macro will execute
    on the active workbook, which is also the last opened oen, except if you
    activate another one manually or by code. To overcome this, yuou should
    specify on which workbook you macro will apply (as your code is not in your
    post, I presume that it is the explanation.

    Sub test
    Dim x as integer
    Dim wb as Workbook
    for each wb in application.Workbooks