How can I insert the contents of a cell as a filename?

  1. #1
    Tim Richards
    Guest

    How can I insert the contents of a cell as a filename?

    I am setting up an auto-save macro button to simplify my processes when using
    a template I designed.Some people using this template are not saving to the
    correct area of the shared drive. They also are not using the same format
    consistantly(multiple users utilyzing the same template).I have created a
    cell that reflects the customer name and work order, and I want to use this
    cell as my "save as" text when saving the template(via a macro). I can
    default the location easy enough, but the macro is a problem. The macro works
    the first time, but the next time I try to save the template, the macro has
    hard coded the previous cell contents and doesn't update correctly.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How can I insert the contents of a cell as a filename?

    Try

    Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    Re: How can I insert the contents of a cell as a filename?

    WB.SaveAs Ramge("A1").Value