Excel Erroring on Close

  1. #1
    Denny Behnfeldt
    Guest

    Excel Erroring on Close

    I have a large Excel 2000 application (4 to 7 MB, it can vary) that works
    fine on most procedures in it. There is one particular procedure that adds a
    tempory worksheet and then copies a large range (20 columns x up to 25,000
    rows) into the file from another Excel file into it, for some analyzing and
    easy access. When the procedure is done, it deletes the new sheet with this
    data, and ends normally.

    After running this procedure, when you go to close this main Excel file, I
    get the "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close..." box of
    death.

    If any other procedure has been run, but that one, it closes fine. Seems
    like a memory problem. Since I am copying a large range, I am sure to use:

    Application.CutCopyMode = False, at the end of the procedure to clear the
    clipboard, I believe.

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks in advance,
    Denny

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Excel Erroring on Close

    Try copying it in, say, blocks of 5000 rows each instead of all 25000 at once.